You might not have heard of Seth Godin but, you have certainly experienced his influence on marketing. Godin believes that humans crave connections and the old rules of marketing aren’t working any longer. That’s why you’re seeing marketing shift to what he calls permission marketing, asking your customers and prospects for the permission to approach them.
Putting a blog in the center of your content marketing strategy is the logical choice for marketing in this new connection economy. Blogs offer a flexible, branded environment for your content and are easily integrated into your social media strategy. Here are 9 more reasons your company needs to have a blog:
- You can place your company and brand as an industry leader Well-written articles can solidify your company’s foremost place in your market. When you publish market trends, explain the relationships between technologies and marketing tactics, and where your industry is headed, you become an authority in your field.
- Develop better and deeper customer relationships A blog’s ability to host any number of media types such as the written word, videos, and audio, makes them an excellent avenue to deepen the connection with your customer. Your customers can become your biggest online fans and advocates when you continually satisfy their needs.
- Blogs are easy-to-use and support Blogs require limited training and skill. If you use a word processing program, you can blog. Blogs are easy to update or change content quickly and inexpensive to own and use.
- Your audience will be consuming your content on your property Content you produce is owned by your organization and can be integrated into your website. Unlike other third-party and social media outlets, you do not need to worry about whether they will disappear or go out of business.
- The Internet is always open With increased need for around-the-clock, responsive communications, blogs are a great place to quickly publish favorable content about your brand or respond to evolving issues.
- Blogs help content distribution through multiple channels You can repurpose the content you create and use it in email newsletters that you deliver directly to subscribers at no other cost. Your content is also material you can use to raise interest on social sharing sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- You direct the traffic flow You can publish your content and link it so your customers follow a path you have set for them as they navigate the Interest, Education, and Decision making phases of the buying cycle.
- You can easily measure the effectiveness of your content marketing As with any business strategy, it is critical to measure the effectiveness of your marketing and advertising and make adjustments as necessary.
- You will increase your SEO Well-written web sites increase Search Engine Optimization — the way your customers find you on Google, Bing, and Or Yahoo. Though keyword-rich content, architecture blogs support search optimization efforts, assuming you are using your own domain and not a free third-party blogging platform.
We strongly believe a website should be the hub of your digital marketing efforts and feel there is no better platform than a self-hosted WordPress Blog. You can learn why we feel so strongly about this point and learn more about our web design process here.